05 February 2010

Hedi Silmane and Hare Krishna.

I was reading a portion in The Life of Pi about Hinduism, and about being lost in spirituality and in the moment when I looked up at my wall and saw this.

I know you must be thinking "What the hell?" The thing is, I've had this pin-up on my wall for ages. It's purpose is to announce to the random nerds I shack up with that I'm a total design nerd (bk ref. Snoop) , and that I like esoteric things like smoke rising in a black void.

There have been times when I was totally fucked off my head with lack of sleep or otherwise and staring at this one (there are 2 other similar pin-ups) thinking, man I should have something more interesting up there. I mean, this is boring! But I always still stare long at it anyway, trying to see if something will out.

Then it happened. I was reading about Hare Krishnas and I looked up and I saw why this photo was chosen for the pin-up.

(It's a face of a girl with thick sensual lips blowing smoke).

0 comments:

Post a Comment